I found this really great recipe for wheatless "matzoh" balls in an Israeli cooking magazine. This is a great recipe for those of us who have allergies or other problems with wheat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the chicken breast, almonds, chives, sugar, salt and eggs.
- 2Add just enough water to form a very stiff batter (you will need to shape the"matzoh" balls from this batter).
- 3Boil the 5 cups of water with the chicken soup powder.
- 4As the water furiously boils, form balls from the batter and drop them into the soup.
- 5They will sink to the bottom and then rise to the top.
- 6Don't make the balls too large, they will really grow once they hit the soup.
- 7Cook for about 15 minutes.
- 8Serve in your favorite soup.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light and Fluffy Chicken "Matzoh" Balls -- Wheatless
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.5
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 142.5 mg
- Sodium 1403.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken soup powder