1/1 Photo of Light and Fluffy Baked Apple Pancake
From "Food & Wine". I haven't yet tried this, but I needed to know the calorie count, so I am posting it here first. It looks good, and maybe it's not as "bad" as it looks. Please post a review if you make this so I'll know if it's worth the calories. One thing I would change is to replace the non-stick skillet with cast iron or maybe stainless steel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°. In a 10 1/2-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, melt the butter. Add the apples, 1 tablespoon of the sugar and the lemon juice and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the apples are golden, about 6 minutes. Add the maple syrup and simmer over low heat until thickened, about 1 minute. Spread the apples in an even layer and remove the pan from the heat.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt. In a measuring cup, whisk the egg yolks with the milk and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Whisk the liquid into the dry ingredients.
- 3In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the egg whites at medium speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes. Fold the beaten whites into the batter and scrape it over the apples, spreading the batter to the edge.
- 4Bake the pancake in the upper third of the oven for about 20 minutes, until it is golden, puffed and set. Let the pancake cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen the pancake, then invert it onto a serving plate. Replace any apples that may have stuck to the pan. Cut the pancake into wedges and serve at once with additional warmed maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light and Fluffy Baked Apple Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.8 mg
- Sodium 156.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g