Recipe by jkoch960
I got this recipe from Betty Crocker software. I love pasta and cream sauces but usually they are so fattening that I feel guilty eating it! This recipe is delicious and tastes every bit as good as the "full-fat" version!
Top Review by Nasseh
I made this using shell pasta instead of fettuccine. I did leave out the sliced mushrooms because I don't like their texture. I do think that 8 servings is stretching it a bit. I think 6 would be the most you could get out of this recipe. Made for Photo Tag
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettucine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or large kettle, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the soup, cream cheese, milk, half-and-half and garlic powder. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Add chicken and cheeses; mix well. Drain fettuccine; add to chicken mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Transfer to a shallow 2-1/2 quart baking dish coated with nonstick spray. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Cover and bake at 350' for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.