1/1 Photo of Lifesaver Cake
1 hr 18 mins
HOUSEMANAGER (Charlene)'s Note:
Inspired once again by Anne Byrn the Cake Mix Doctor I have come up with a cake that tastes like a roll of lifesaver fruit candies. This is a moist sweet cake and serving it with a quality vanilla ice cream only enhances the flavor another notch! If you're having trouble locating the various extracts, contact your local Watkins dealer and I can assure you they will have them. In the meantime prepare yourself for sheer indulgence!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray, for misting the pan
- flour, for dusting the pan
- 517.37 g package yellow cake mix
- 96.38 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 118.32 ml butter, melted (1 stick)
- 4 large eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350 F; lightly spray a Bundt pan with vegetable spray and dust with flour.
- 2COMBINE cake mix, pudding mix, melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl; Blend with an electric mixer until the batter is thick and smooth; pour into prepared pan.
- 3BAKE until golden brown, approximately 60 minutes; meanwhile prepare the butter glaze.
- 4COMBINE sugar, hot water and butter in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat just until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves; stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes; remove pan from heat and stir in all the extracts.
- 5REMOVE Bundt pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes; carefully invert onto a cake plate right side up.
- 6POKE holes in the cake with a straw or use a cake syringe filled with the glaze slowly pouring or injecting the glaze directly in to the cake (depending on which method you use you may have glaze run-off, just soak up with a paper towel and discard) You want the cake to soak up as much as possible of the glaze; allow the cake to cool to room temperature before serving.
- 7STORE in a glass dome at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lifesaver Cake
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.1
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 541.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 43.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g