Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Warm from the oven, these are the perfect treat to top off a meal, or for a late dessert. Quick and easy, and impressive. Go all out and serve with ice cream or whipped cream. I've altered this Pillsbury recipe to eliminate some of the extra fats.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 10 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, 7 . 5 oz can
- cooking spray, I use Becel
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- In a small saucepan (or microwaveable) container, mix together butter, brown sugar and syrup. Stir until butter melts and sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into an ungreased pie plate, and sprinkle with nuts.
- Spray biscuits with cooking spray and place on top of the sugar/nut mixture. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute before inverting onto a serving plate. Allow to rest for a few minutes before removing the pie place. This will allow time for the topping to settle onto the buns.
This is wonderful. My DD (almost 3) said "this is the best cimamon (her way of saying cinammon) bread I ever had. I used Reduced Fat Grands biscuits instead of regular. Also they reheat well. Thanks for the great recipe. I know this will be a repeat.