Recipe by Leslie41143
I found this recipe for homemade pizza crust online, but I changed it a little so I gave it my name! :) It was WONDERFUL, if I do say so myself.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 16 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 ounces pepperoni
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- I use a bread machine to make this dough. Start by adding all the water and the 2T of oil (I used canola, but olive would be great)to the machine.
- Next, add both of the flours, "sealing off" the wet ingredients.
- Add the sugar, salt, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Make a "well" with your finger in the middle of the dry ingredients. This is where you put the yeast.
- Turn the bread machine on, and using the white dough cycle, let it do its thing. My machine runs for 1:30 on this cycle, and when it's finished you have enough dough to make 2 regular pizzas or 1 deep dish pizza.
- Lightly flour the surface on which you will be working, and turn the dough out onto that surface. Knead the dough a little, then put a dishtowel over it and let it set for about 1/2 hour.
- Divide the dough in half (if you're making 2 pizzas) and refrigerate the part you're not using. You can use it another day for another pizza!
- Spray the bottom of a pizza pan with non-stick spray. Spread the dough out into the pan.
- Top with desired toppings. I used 8 oz store bought pizza sauce and about an oz of pepperoni per pizza. Then about 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and a little parmesan.
- Bake at 400F for about 13 minutes then decrease the temperature to 350F and let cook about 7 more minutes. (I would probably just leave it at 400F for the whole 20 minutes if I were making the deep dish pizza -- maybe even more. Just keep checking on it to make sure your cheese doesn't burn.).