Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These have been made by me and my 2 sisters for years. I don't know where the recipe came from originally. These always turn out perfectly. I like a soft cookie so I leave these in for the minimum amount of time. But if you want a "gingersnap" leave them in longer. I'm not sure how many cookies this makes.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Cream butter. Gradually add sugar. Beat in egg and molasses.
- Mix together flour, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon in another bowl. Add this mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Blend well.
- Roll into small balls. Place onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325°F for 12-15 minutes.