These have been made by me and my 2 sisters for years. I don't know where the recipe came from originally. These always turn out perfectly. I like a soft cookie so I leave these in for the minimum amount of time. But if you want a "gingersnap" leave them in longer. I'm not sure how many cookies this makes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter. Gradually add sugar. Beat in egg and molasses.
- 2Mix together flour, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon in another bowl. Add this mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Blend well.
- 3Roll into small balls. Place onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 4Bake at 325°F for 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leona's Gingersnaps
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Sodium 300.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g