Recipe by **Mandy**
A lovely simple soup to make, kids will even eat it if the chorizo is not too spicy, little miss DD is testament to that! From Edgell Australia.
Top Review by Rita~
Good stuff! I added 2 cups shredded cabbage, 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, parsley, celery seed and cumin. Used home made no sodium turkey broth. And 3 cups dried lentils. The next day I added left over meatballs (crumbled) sauce and all to it and was even better. Thanks!
- 125 g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 g brown lentils, undrained
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable stock
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Turkish bread, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chorizo sausage, garlic and onion in a large saucepan and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Stir in undrained Edgell Brown Lentils, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve soup sprinkled with parsley and serve with toasted Turkish bread.