Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
A lovely simple soup to make, kids will even eat it if the chorizo is not too spicy, little miss DD is testament to that! From Edgell Australia.
- 125 g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 g brown lentils, undrained
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable stock
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Turkish bread, for serving
- Place chorizo sausage, garlic and onion in a large saucepan and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Stir in undrained Edgell Brown Lentils, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve soup sprinkled with parsley and serve with toasted Turkish bread.
Good stuff! I added 2 cups shredded cabbage, 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, parsley, celery seed and cumin. Used home made no sodium turkey broth. And 3 cups dried lentils. The next day I added left over meatballs (crumbled) sauce and all to it and was even better. Thanks!