This recipe for these Southwestern-flavored, lentil-stuffed peppers is featured in my new book, Schedule Me Skinny: Plan to Lose Weight and Keep it Off in Just 30 Minutes a Week -- and is one of my favorites because it helps me stick to #MeatlessMonday, one of my favorite healthy initiatives. Lentils, one of SELF's favorite superfoods, adds a hefty dose of fiber and protein to this meal, while the bell peppers gives a huge shot of vitamin C to your system -- three times that of an orange, in fact!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise and remove insides and seeds. Microwave on high 2 minutes to soften. Set aside.
- 2Combine lentils and salsa, then fill each bell pepper half with half of the mixture.
- 3Microwave another 2 minutes or until warmed through.
- 4Sprinkle each half evenly with cheese and microwave another 30 seconds or so until the cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 1329.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 23.4 g