Recipe by mandabears
A really delicious main dish salad. Great with grilled meats.
Top Review by meg.henkin
This is a great salad hot or cold. We used low-fat turkey smoked sausage and added 1 cup (dry measure) couscous. My husband also put hot sauce on his, but he puts hot sauce on everything! Great Recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup dried lentils, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, cooked and diced, about 1 1/2 cups, i use hillshire hot links
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before you want to make the salad, cover the lentils with 3 cups cold water.
- Drain and rinse the lentils under cold running water.
- Put lentils in a small saucepan.
- Cover with cold water.
- Add 1 teaspoons of salt.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Lower heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Cool in large bowl.
- Combine green onions, lentils, and smoked sausage.
- In a separate bowl mix together mustard, vinegar and oil.
- Add to lentil mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss well.
- Refrigerate for a least one hour.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Will keep up to 3 days in refrigerator.