Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 226.79 g lentils
- 118.29 ml shallot (chopped)
- 85.04 g canned green chilies, chopped
- 3 fresh chili peppers, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 2.46 ml fresh parsley
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon or 9.85 ml lime juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml wine vinegar
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 medium diced tomato, for garnish
- Cook lentils as directed, but do not overcook.
- Drain and rinse and place in bowl.
- Combine with remaining ingredients but tomato. Toss gently.
- Place in refrigerator.
- Stir occasionally while salad is chilling. Add garnish and serve.
This made a nice light supper. I enjoyed all the flavors. I did leave out the hot peppers and added just a touch of sugar. Thanks, lovely! Made for PAC 2014.
This was my brown bag lunch for my hiking excursion yesterday. I didn't add the tomato garnish as I wasn't sure how well the tomatoes would fare in my backpack. It's very good. I enjoyed the heat from the chiles though I used a bit less than the recipe called for as I thought it might be too hot for me otherwise. Made for ZWT7.
This was very delicious and easy to control the levels of heat and tart (I like lower heat and lots of lime juice!). I do prefer the flavor of the shallots caramelized and will try that next time. Made for ZWT7.