Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great served with ice cream. For cholesterol watchers, use margarine instead of butter.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add egg whites gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Add the salt and vanilla.
- Add flour gradually and mix well.
- Using a cake decorating tube, form dough into oblong, tonguelike shapes.
- Bake in 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool.
- Store in airtight jars or store in freezer.
Thankyou! Simple recipe.... turned out well. I needed some mexican desserts for a mexican themed lunch that I'm helping out with, so these worked perfectly. My biggest thing was experimenting with the different piping attatchment to figure out which one made the cookies turn out the best. I found that using a widest/ biggest one worked well. Thanks again!
I love this recipe for cat's tongue! 1/4 cup of egg whites is about 2 egg whites. Make sure you beat them very well!. I suggest lining the pan with parchament paper. Make sure you watch the oven very well!