Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Baguio City, Filipino favorite. When my family and I visited Baguio City, Philippines we picked up 2 jars of these delicious, crispy, golden, light and easy-to-make cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 cup sugar, and
- butter (to garnish on top of cookies)
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until fairly smooth.
- Blend in egg whites small amount at a time, beating after each small addition.
- Lastly fold in flour, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt for flavoring.
- Spoon into pipe or pastry bag with a flat tip. Pipe into a cookie sheet 2 inches long and leave 3 inches space between each cookie for spreading.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown top center of cookie should remain light.
- Garnish top of cookies with butter and sugar. ENJOY!