Recipe by Ambervim
bon Appetite had this and several other summer soda recipes. They got this one from Graham Elliot, Chicago. I make most of my own fizzy drinks from fruit in my yard.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon zest (from 6 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup lime zest (from 8 limes)
- 20 kaffir lime leaves (can use more lime zest)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup simple syrup (1 to 1 water to sugar)
- 6 cups soda water, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine citrus zest, lime leaves, lemongrass, and 2 cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain lemongrass mixture into a jar and chill. Fill a 12-oz. glass with ice cubes.
- Add 2 tablespoons lemongrass mixture and 1 tablespoons simple syrup.
- Top with soda water (about 1/2 cup) and stir to combine.