Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sounds like a yummy spring or summer dessert.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, seperated
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lightly grease a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan. Line pan with waxed paper; grease and flour paper. Set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and 1/2 t. salt. In medium mixing bowl, beat egg yolks with mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar, beat on high speed until sugar is almost dissolved.
- Add flour mixture and lemonade concentarte alternately to beat mixture, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Wash and dry beaters. In large bowl, beat egg whites with mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold egg yolk mixture into whites.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake in a 375 oven for 18-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen the edges of cake from pan. Turn out onto a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Remove waxed paper.
- Starting from a short side, roll up warm cake and towel together; cool on wire rack.
- Fold lemon peel into dessert topping. Unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread dessert topping mixture onto cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up cake. Chill for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. To serve, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.