Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a VERY easy summertime pie. you can choose either lemonade or pink lemonade. I prefer pink.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade (yellow or pink)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 3 -5 drops food coloring (this can be almost any color) (optional)
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
- cool grahm cracker crust.
- mix frozen lemonade with eagle brand milk (and food coloring if you choose).
- add 3/4 of the cool whip.
- pour in the cooled crust.
- refrigerate 1 hour.
- garnish with remaining cool whip and mint.
i hate to give so few stars for a recipe that has potential, but i just made this and as written there's no way this will work. i used the whole 8oz container of cool whip and it's still WAY too strong tasting and i LOVE strong lemon flavor. so the sizes of lemonade and cool whip should be stated or corrected to say the smallest lemonaide you can find, or the larges cool whip. i ended up whipping up about a cup of whipping cream and adding it to the mix which greatly improved the taste. also, there's no way this pie will set up in the fridge. i've got it in the freezer right now which is how i suspect it should be firmed up. there's nothing in this to make it set. so again, somethings missing or the directions are wrong. i'll be happy to change my review if these things are corrected, my pie ended up tasting pretty darn good, but as written personally i think it's inedible. sorry. :)
This recipe has a nice tart taste. My family couldn't believe I only made one for desser (there is 5 of us) LOL The only reason I am giving it 4 Stars is because after three hours it didn't firm up. We had to eat it with a spoon (no complaints) I don't know if using Cool Whip that I thawed from my freezer was the reason for it not firming up instead of buying fresh. I will definately try this recipe again. When you first don't succeed, try, try again. LOL