Recipe by Kathy in Fla
I found this during a web search. I think if originally came from "Cupcakes From the Cake Mix Doctor."
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Place cake mix, water and lemonade concentrate in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides again if needed. The batter should look thick and well combined.
- Spoon or scoop 1/3 cup batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it 3/4 of the way. Remove any empty liners.
- Bake until cupcakes are golden and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Let pans cool on wire racks for 5 minutes. Run a dinner knife around the edges of the cupcake liners, lift the cupcakes up from the bottoms of the cups using the end of the knife, then pick them carefully out of the cups with your fingertips. Let cool completely on a wire rack, about 15 minutes.
- PER UNFROSTED CUPCAKE (based on 24 servings): 82 calories; no fat; no cholesterol; 1.5g protein; 19g carbohydrate; 11g sugar; no fiber; 140mg sodium; 23mg calcium; 41mg potassium.
- For frosting try the creamy lemonade frosting I have posted.