Recipe by jenpalombi
A winner from Cooking Light Magazine. This has always been well received at gatherings. It's simple and has an excellent light, lemon-y flavor. Cooling time not included in my time estimates.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar, egg, and lemon juice in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, water, and cornstarch in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 30 seconds or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Slowly pour beaten egg mixture into water mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. Fold in whipped topping.