Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from the Imperial Butter Recipe Collection. I have not tried it yet but it sounds great!!
- 2⁄3 cup imperial margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, then spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat Imperial spread and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in 2 cups flour until fine crumbs form.
- press into prepared pan. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, with electric mixer, beat eggs, remaining 2 cups granulated sugar, remaining 1/3 cup flour, lemon juice and lemon peel 4 minutes or until light and fluffy; pour over hot baked crust.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes or until lemon minxure is just set.
- On wire rack, cool completely.
- Using foil, lift out of pan. spray knife with nonstick cooking spray and cut into triangles.
- To serve, sprinkle generously with confectioner's sugar.
i kept seeing this on the back of the box never tried till this morning!!! mm very good!!!!!
While browsing the new posts this morning, this recipe sparked something inside me. It took me back to memories of my mother's lemon bars steaming and bubbling from the oven. She couldn't keep me away from them and I would blister my fingertips in the hot, sugary topping. I haven't smelled, tasted or felt this in years. Let's just say: Today I have blisters! I was able to use dairy-free margerine and gluten-free flour. These are just as heavenly as I remember. Thank you.