- 2⁄3 cup imperial margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, then spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat Imperial spread and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in 2 cups flour until fine crumbs form.
- press into prepared pan. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, with electric mixer, beat eggs, remaining 2 cups granulated sugar, remaining 1/3 cup flour, lemon juice and lemon peel 4 minutes or until light and fluffy; pour over hot baked crust.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes or until lemon minxure is just set.
- On wire rack, cool completely.
- Using foil, lift out of pan. spray knife with nonstick cooking spray and cut into triangles.
- To serve, sprinkle generously with confectioner's sugar.