Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
For those cooking for one or more, this is a simple, healthy, and satisfying dish.
- 2 salmon fillets, thawed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat the over to 325 degrees F.
- Slice zucchini and yellow squash into thin slices.
- Dice the tomato.
- Place the salmon fillet in a glass or ceramic oven-safe casserole dish
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil onto the fillet, season with salt and pepper lightly.
- Lightly cover the fillet with slices of zucchini and yellow squash. Place excess around the fillet.
- Place the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and diced tomato in a small bowl. Lightly crush the tomato and mix everything together.
- Pour tomatoes, lemon juice and olive oil mixture over the fillet and vegetables.
- Season lightly and let bake for about 15-20 minutes.
Salmon is one of my favorite meals. I was a little concerned about slicing the squash thin. I was afraid that it would be overcooked. After the initial 15 minutes, everything needed to cook longer. I covered the dish loosely with foil and baked it for another 10 to 15 minutes. The salmon was nice and flaky and the squash still had a slight crunch. A couple of minced garlic cloves was added to the tomato mixture. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*