Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an elegant but easy dessert. I got the recipe from a good friend. Time to make includes cooling time.
- 1 refrigerated 9-inch pie shell
- 5 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat 9-inch tart plan with removable bottom with cooking spray; place on baking sheet.
- Fit dough in pan; fold in extra dough, pressing against side of pan.
- Prick bottom with fork.
- Line with foil; fill with dried beans or rice.
- Bake 5 minutes or until lightly brown; reserve.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Whisk in juice, zest and 1/3 cup heavy cream.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool on rack.
- Remove side of pan.
- Beat remaining cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- If desired, transfer to pastry bag fitted with star tip; pipe or spoon over tart.
- If desired, garnish with lemon zest.
- For a pretty garnish, use a vegetable peeler to create wide strips of zest from a lemon.
- Cut the zest into thin slivers.
This was delicious. It tasted just like a lemon meringe pie. Thank you