Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty and easy weeknight complete dinner - also, relatively inexpensive, which is a nice bonus.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb chicken tenderloins, can substitute breasts if like, skinned boned, etc
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, can also add lemon zest
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag fresh spinach, I had to make up the 12 oz, just get normal bag spinach and use half
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half (optional)
- Combine first three ingredients in shallow pain; dredge chicken through flour mixture.
- Melt butter in large skillet, add garlic, and saute' until tender. Add chicken and brown. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings.
- Stir chicken broth, wine, and lemon juice (and zest if you want) into reserved drippings, loosening browned particles in skillet; bring to boil. Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 4 or 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked.
- Place spinach and tomatos on individual serving plates; spoon chicken and sauce over spinach.
Great basic recipe, next time I'll tweek a bit. I can't use wine, perhaps that's why the sauce was a little bland for me. Next time will add some spice or heat. But definitely a keeper, thanks!