Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 slices lemons
- 2 cinnamon sticks (1-inch long)
- 2 tea bags
- lemon slice (optional)
- In a 2-cup measure combine water, honey, lemon slices and cinnamon.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for about 4 minutes or just till steaming hot.
- Add the teabags.
- Cover and steep for 4 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, lemon slices and cinnamon.
- Pour into 2 mugs.
- Garnish with additional lemon slices, if desired.
I think this would have been very good if I hadn't steeped it over the time called for (phone call). I used English Breakfast tea bags and did this on the stove adding additional lemon slices after it was brewed. Made for I Recommend Tag Game - February 2010!
This is great, such a nice, soothing blend. I used green tea with a hint of lemon. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Comfort Cafe - Snow Queen Round, 01/10. This particular tea provided a very interesting blend of flavors for me. Not being a tea-drinker, but always willing to try something new, I'm pleased with this recipe. I may have used a tad more lemon than I needed because the flavor was a bit overwhelming. I would have preferred more cinnamon. But, there is always next time! Thank you so much for a lovely homemade tea delight.