Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Love Sangria, here is one that is a little different....Very yummy. I hope that you will enjoy this version. Another treasure from the Community Cookbook, it is very refreshing on a hot day. *Please Note* There is no cooking time but the sangria must sit over night in the fridge to chill and blend.
- 3 1⁄2 cups white wine, dry
- 3 lemons, unpeeled, sliced
- 1 orange, unpeeled, sliced
- 1 apple, green, granny smith, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup cognac, good quality
- 4 tablespoons sugar, white
- 750 ml club soda, chilled
- 15 ice cubes
- 5 green grapes, small bunches (garnish)
- In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients except for the ice, club soda and green grapes.
- Chill overnight, before serving, add ice cubes and club soda, stir lightly.
- Pour into tall glasses and garnish with the green grapes if desired.
This was a hit at our house. We were having company for dinner and this was totally gone before we could grab a picture. Made for ZWT8.
Yeah for white wine sangria!!!! I get a headache if I drink a glass of red wine, so very happy to be able to enjoy this white wine sangria. Loved the fruits in this sangria, looked beautiful also! I didn't bother with the grape garnish as I added a slice of the apple, lemon and orange to the glasses. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. Made for ZWT 8.