Haven't made this yet, but my rosemary plant has gone berzerk since we redid the herb garden, so I'm saving recipes which will come in handy soon. I'm not big on nor familiar with iced tea and maybe the following is a common practice, but the idea of adding the carbonated drink just before serving sounds WAY refreshing! Chill time (3 hours) is included in time estimate. Recipe courtesy BH&G.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, bring the water to boiling.
- Remove from heat. Add tea bags and rosemary. Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags. Add sugar and lemon juice, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Strain tea mixture into a large pitcher. Discard rosemary.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in carbonated beverage.
- For a more intense rosemary flavor, don't strain the mixture until after chilling.