Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful accompaniment to any seafood or chicken dish.
Make and share this Lemon Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- additional parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Sautee onion in butter until soft.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Add rice to onion mixture.
- Stir well to coat all grains of rice.
- Adjust heat to low-medium.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth plus 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Broth should simmer, reduce and thicken.
- Add another 1/2 cup of broth.
- Stir until absorbed.
- Add another 1/2 cup of broth and repeat process with remainder of broth and then water- 1/2 cup at a time.
- If necessary, add more water.
- When rice is done (tender but not mushy), remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Season with salt, pepper and the remainder of lemon juice.
- Serve with grated parmesan on top.
This was my first attempt at risotto and it turned out delicious. Everyone at the table of 8 enjoyed it. It takes a lot of attention, so I would not recommend trying to make this while you are making anything else that requires your attention or make sure you have a good helper.
This was really good! Like some other reviewers, next time I wouldn't use so much parmesan - it overpowered the lemon. I used all chicken broth with no water and it did take me about 45 minutes over the stove to finish, but totally worth it! Served it with roast chicken and a salad...
Sooooo good! I love risotto and this was great! I didn't put in the lemon zest because my lemons skin didn't look good, but it was lemony enough without it. I also couldn't help myself and put some garlic in ! I'd make this again. I served with fish but it would be good with chicken too. Thanks!