Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
A wonderful accompaniment to any seafood or chicken dish.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
This was really good! Like some other reviewers, next time I wouldn't use so much parmesan - it overpowered the lemon. I used all chicken broth with no water and it did take me about 45 minutes over the stove to finish, but totally worth it! Served it with roast chicken and a salad...
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- additional parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onion in butter until soft.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Add rice to onion mixture.
- Stir well to coat all grains of rice.
- Adjust heat to low-medium.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth plus 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Broth should simmer, reduce and thicken.
- Add another 1/2 cup of broth.
- Stir until absorbed.
- Add another 1/2 cup of broth and repeat process with remainder of broth and then water- 1/2 cup at a time.
- If necessary, add more water.
- When rice is done (tender but not mushy), remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Season with salt, pepper and the remainder of lemon juice.
- Serve with grated parmesan on top.