photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest, finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat; reduce heat to low and cover to keep warm.
- Melt 1 1/2 TBS butter with the olive oil in a large heavy sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots to this and saute until tender, (3-5 minutes).
- Add rice and stir for 1 minute.
- Add wine and stir until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
- Add 1 1/2 cups hot broth, and simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Ladle in the remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing broth to be absorbed before adding more, and stirring frequently until rice is creamy and tender.
- You will use all the broth, and the key is to do this simmering slowly; it will take about 35-40 minutes.
- When all the broth has been absorbed, stir in the cheese and remaining 2 TBS butter.
- Stir in the parsley, lemon juice, and zest.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!