Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
We love coffee cake and this one is very good. Its refreshing to get the zest in a bite of cake. Really good.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Heat oven to 375.
- Line bottom of 8 or 9 inch round cake pan with waxed paper.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except biscuits.
- Mix well.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Cut each into quarters.
- Place biscuit pieces in sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange in single layer in waxed paper lined pan.
- Sprinkle top with any remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 20 - 25 minutes or until deep golken brown.
- Run knife around side of pan to loosen.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Cut into wedges or pull apart.