- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 egg whites (or one whole egg)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, egg whites, lemon juice, and zest.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir to mix.
- Spoon batter in scant 1/3 cup portions onto hot greased pan or griddle.
- Makes about 12 pancakes.