Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is from Penzey's spices. A little more effort, but worth it.
Top Review by Engrossed
This was a very nice light full meal. I used Basa fillets. For the dressing I used Annie's green goddess but liked it better without it. It would be prettier with a green veggie added for color contrast.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb cod, cut in 4 pieces
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon green goddess salad dressing, base
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and sliced into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Rinse the fish and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Sprinkle both sides with lemon-pepper and sprinkle shallots over the top.
- Divide the butter into 4 pats and place one on top of each piece of fish.
- The fish will cook in 15-20 min, depending on how thick it is, so it should be popped into the oven the same time you start the water for the veggies.
- While the fish is cooking, cut the vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Set aside until the final 5 minutes of fish cooking time, but make sure you have 1 quart of water boiling by that point.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the Green Goddess dressing base with water, let stand a minute, then whisk with light mayonnaise. Place the bowl on the table.
- Once the fish is close, add the vegetables to the boiling water, cook 3-4 min, till carrots are tender.
- Drain without rinsing, place in a small bowl.
- Crumble basil over the top, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Divide between 4 plates, add the fish.