1/1 Photo of Lemon Pepper Ahi Tuna
I used a similar technique and ingredients from a recipe for chicken piccata. Dinner was ready in no time AND we enjoyed it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle salt and black pepper on both sides of the tuna steaks.
- 2Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the steaks.
- 3Heat 1 tbs of oil in a pan.
- 4Add 1 tbs of butter.
- 5Turn the heat down low to medium-low.
- 6Place the tuna in the pan.
- 7Add capers, and squeeze more lemon juice into the pan.
- 8Add slices of lemon to the pan and 2nd tbs of butter.
- 9Shake the contents of the pan a bit and let cook for about 4 minutes.
- 10Turn the steaks over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 11Serve the tuna with the slices of lemon and capers from the pan.
- 12NOTE: As some reviewers have suggested, you may not need to cook as long as the specified time. It's your personal preference how well done you like the steaks. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews!
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pepper Ahi Tuna
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.4
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 143.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ahi tuna steaks