I used a similar technique and ingredients from a recipe for chicken piccata. Dinner was ready in no time AND we enjoyed it!
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper on both sides of the tuna steaks.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the steaks.
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in a pan.
- Add 1 tbs of butter.
- Turn the heat down low to medium-low.
- Place the tuna in the pan.
- Add capers, and squeeze more lemon juice into the pan.
- Add slices of lemon to the pan and 2nd tbs of butter.
- Shake the contents of the pan a bit and let cook for about 4 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the tuna with the slices of lemon and capers from the pan.
- NOTE: As some reviewers have suggested, you may not need to cook as long as the specified time. It's your personal preference how well done you like the steaks. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews!
Yummmm! Great flavor on these tuna steaks - wish I would have cooked them a little less than specified as they were nearly well done which is not how I like my tuna. Easy and tasty!
Fantastic! Even my young grandsons loved it! I got a super buy on individually frozen tuna steaks, so I'll be making these a couple of times in the next few weeks. Thanks!
Very easy, very good. I also ,as another reviewer, cooked the tuna on my grill pan. Made the sauve in a separate skillet and briefly cooked the tuna in it.