Recipe by Manami
I toasted the orzo in a 350ºF oven, for 10 minutes and then continued to cook according to manufacturer's suggestions. This is a combination of a couple of recipes and I hope you like them, at least try them, puleeze. ;)
- 2 quarts white chicken stock, heated to a boil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs orzo pasta, dried
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 ounces fresh chives, washed & snipped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- white pepper or crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the stock in a saucepan, and heat to a boil.
- Add the orzo, reduced to heat & simmer until cooked al dente, approximately 7 to 8 minutes,.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and add the cooked orzo and the remaining ingredients.
- Toss to combine, season to tatse.
- Then, heat oil in a another large cast-iron skillet ove medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt and pepper.
- Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Season again, as needed; serve immediately with some fresh chopped parsely, if you choose.