This is a quick and easy but delicious side dish for shrimps, scallops, etc. From the Food Network Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 slices lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- Simmer 1 cup orzo in a saucepan with 2 1/2 cups water.
- add olive oil, salt, spices and lemon zest.
- simmer, stirring occasionally until orzo is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- let cool lightly, stir in scallions and the juice of one lemon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was so refreshing, lite and good. I couldn't find Orzo in our little grocery store but did find a pena pasta and used that. Other than that followed exactly and loved this yummy tasting pasta as a side with our dinner. Will be making often and once I find the real orzo in a bigger store using the real thing. Made for PAC Fall 2011Reply