Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 teaspoon basil, crumbled
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, Grated
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- Bring chicken broth and water to boiling in medium-size saucepan.
- Stir in orzo, basil and lemon.
- Return to boiling.
- Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and serve.
First time making orzo, I doubled it to make sure I had enough for everyone. I added some fresh lemon juice for an extra kick and some fresh rosemary.
Thumbs up! Very easy to put together and very flavorful. This is a great alternative to those high sodium boxed rice mixes. I actually made this with rice instead of orzo--Next time I will use orzo.
Very easy to make, delicious! Lends itself well to lots of variations -- I can see adding different herbs to give new twists.