Recipe by Bev
Bake a batch of these delicious dunkers studded with that delectable nut. Present them as a gift in a colorful mug with a bag of gourmet coffee beans. From BH&G
Top Review by najwa
This is an excellent biscotti recipe! My husband loved it as well .. I didn't use butter, as I think biscotti tastes better when it is made without it; I just added some milk instead .. thanks!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons finely shredded lemons, rind of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- lemon juice or milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or light grease the cookie sheets; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs, lemon peel, and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the pistachio nuts.
- On alightly floured surface, divide dough into 3 portions.
- Shape each portion into an 8-inch-long loaf.
- Place loaves at least 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Flatten loaves to about 2-1/2 inches wide.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and tops are cracked.
- (Loaves will spread slightly.).
- Let stand on cookie sheets on wire racks for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degree F.
- Transfer loaves to a cutting board.
- Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices, cut sides down, on the same parchment-lined or greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 8 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake 8 to 10 minutes more or until dry and crisp.
- Transfer to wire reacks; cool.
- For icing, stir together powdered sugar and enough lemon juice or milk (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make icing of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over biscotti.
- Let stand until frosting is set.
- Makes about 36 cookies.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare Lemon-Nut Biscotti as directed through Step 3, except do not drizzle with icing.
- Transfer to self-sealing freezer bags or arrange in layers separated by waxed paper in a freezer container.
- Seal, label, and freeze up to 3 months.
- To serve, thaw biscotti at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with icing.