1/3 Photos of Lemon-Nut Biscotti
1 hr 11 mins
Bake a batch of these delicious dunkers studded with that delectable nut. Present them as a gift in a colorful mug with a bag of gourmet coffee beans. From BH&G
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or light grease the cookie sheets; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 3Add granulated sugar, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- 4Beat in eggs, lemon peel, and vanilla until combined.
- 5Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- 6Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the pistachio nuts.
- 7On alightly floured surface, divide dough into 3 portions.
- 8Shape each portion into an 8-inch-long loaf.
- 9Place loaves at least 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- 10Flatten loaves to about 2-1/2 inches wide.
- 11Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and tops are cracked.
- 12(Loaves will spread slightly.).
- 13Let stand on cookie sheets on wire racks for 30 minutes.
- 14Reduce oven temperature to 325 degree F.
- 15Transfer loaves to a cutting board.
- 16Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 17Place slices, cut sides down, on the same parchment-lined or greased cookie sheets.
- 18Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 8 minutes.
- 19Turn slices over and bake 8 to 10 minutes more or until dry and crisp.
- 20Transfer to wire reacks; cool.
- 21For icing, stir together powdered sugar and enough lemon juice or milk (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make icing of drizzling consistency.
- 22Drizzle over biscotti.
- 23Let stand until frosting is set.
- 24Makes about 36 cookies.
- 25Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare Lemon-Nut Biscotti as directed through Step 3, except do not drizzle with icing.
- 26Transfer to self-sealing freezer bags or arrange in layers separated by waxed paper in a freezer container.
- 27Seal, label, and freeze up to 3 months.
- 28To serve, thaw biscotti at room temperature 15 minutes.
- 29Drizzle with icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Nut Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (933 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 36.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g