Recipe by sklhczech
Made frequently for church potlucks. This is a good salad for salad luncheons. Time doesn't include the time to set in refrigerator.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
We're big fans of Mt Dew, so it's not surprising that this recipe caught my eye! Also love jello, so . . . ! And even though there're just 2 of us, I made this whole thing, then shared half of it with a neighbor couple who also like that title drink! Very, very enjoyable 'dessert' salad, & one I'll make again, without a doubt! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups cold Mountain Dew soda
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 (21 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 2 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Let cool until syrupy.
- Add Mountain Dew, drained pineapple, 1 cup of the lemon pie filling and the marshmallows.
- Pour into 9x13 pan and refrigerate.
- Once set, mix remaining lemon pie filling with the 2 cups Cool Whip and spread on top of salad.
- Refrigerate until serving.