Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Lemon Meringue Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pie shell, baked
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 (1/16 ounce) packages Equal sugar substitute or 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 4 egg whites
- 4 (1/16 ounce) packages Equal sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cook all ingredients in double boiler until thickened.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Top with meringue which has been beaten stiff.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
I think this is a wonderful dessert. My family loves lemon meringue, but I have a house full of diabetics. This will defintly be made in my house.
This was a hit! And only 3.7g carbs in 1/8th of pie - that's great for the diabetic!
My husband and I are on a low carb diet, and I had been craving lemon pie. I made the filling as written using Splenda instead of Equal. I even added extra sweetener. I finally added part of box of sugar free vanilla pudding to it. It was so sour that I had to make whipped cream with the remaining vanilla pudding to go on top. I was truly disappointed with the result.