Recipe by LAURIE
This cake looks like you are a master baker! So elegant and so lemony yummy. Great way to impress someone with your skills. Gets me is a mood for spring!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for in cake mix directions)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or as called for in cake directions)
- 3 eggs (or as called for in cake directions)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon pie filling mix (cook type)
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour two 8 inch round layer cake pans.
- Make, bake and cool cake according to package directions.
- Cook pudding as directed on package for pie filling.
- Cool for 30 minutes, stirring several times.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually add in sugar beating until stiff but not dry.
- With long serrated knife, split each cake layer into 2 thin layers.
- Place one cake on oven proof plate.
- Spread 1/4 of lemon pudding on cake and repeat with all cakes, ending with lemon pudding on top.
- Spread meringue around sides of cake, making elegant swirls.
- Bake at 450°F for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool to room temp before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.