1/1 Photo of Lemon Meringue Cake
This cake looks like you are a master baker! So elegant and so lemony yummy. Great way to impress someone with your skills. Gets me is a mood for spring!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and flour two 8 inch round layer cake pans.
- 2Make, bake and cool cake according to package directions.
- 3Cook pudding as directed on package for pie filling.
- 4Cool for 30 minutes, stirring several times.
- 5Beat egg whites until frothy.
- 6Gradually add in sugar beating until stiff but not dry.
- 7With long serrated knife, split each cake layer into 2 thin layers.
- 8Place one cake on oven proof plate.
- 9Spread 1/4 of lemon pudding on cake and repeat with all cakes, ending with lemon pudding on top.
- 10Spread meringue around sides of cake, making elegant swirls.
- 11Bake at 450°F for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 12Cool to room temp before serving.
- 13Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Meringue Cake
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 264.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g