Nana Lee's Note:
This recipe comes from the cookbook, Bake Shop in a Book. Since I lOVE everything lemon, here it is! Ingredients for your particular cake mix are not included in the ingredients list. Time includes baking time for cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs, adjust per box directions
- 1/4 cup oil, adjust per box directions
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cooked lemon pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk, adjust per box directions for pie filling
- 1You will also need ingredients called for in cake pkg directions as directed in ingredients.
- 2Using two 8-inch round layer cake pans.
- 3Mix, bake and cool cake as directed on package.
- 4Cook lemon pudding and pie filling mix as directed for pie filling.
- 5Cool 30 minutes; stirring several times.
- 6Beat egg whites until frothy.
- 7Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff but not dry.
- 8Split each cake layer into 2 thin layers.
- 9Place one cake layer on a cookie sheet or oven-proof plate.
- 10Spread 1/4 of the lemon pie filling over cake layer, top with a second cake layer and repeat with lemon pie filling.
- 11Continue in this manner until cake layers and pie filling are used up; ending with pie filling.
- 12Spread meringue around sides of cake.
- 13Bake for at 450ºF 5 minutes, or until light brown.
- 14Cool to room temperature before serving. Store cake in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Meringue Cake
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.8
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 634.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g