Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I thought this cranberry sauce sounded like a different way to make a holiday favorite. Recipe source Saveur (November 2004)
- In a medium saucepan, combine first 5 ingredients (cranberries - water) and simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until berries pop, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium low, stir in marmalade and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to glass bowl (or serving dish) and refrigerate until chilled.
- ***Will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
This was a perfect Thanksgiving cranberry sauce. It reminded me of the cranberry sauce my mom used to me. She used OJ too, but not the marmalade. I actually had to use orange marmalade instead of lemon marmalade, but it still tasted great. [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
It always makes me laugh when I find a recipe for example this one-lemon marmalade that calls for yep, lemon marmalade. That said, I didn't use Meyer lemon marmalade (didn't have any that's why I wanted to make some). Instead I used fresh Meyer lemons measure for measure in place of the lemon marmalade. Frozen Oregon-grown cranberries naturally and stirred in the lemon the last few minutes of cooking. Delicious on locally made bagels with cream cheese. Made for Best of 2012.
This cranberry sauce turned out so well that I decided to put it in 8-oz containers to include as part of 6 holiday gift bags (I keep calling them baskets, but they really aren't!) that will be distributed this coming Saturday! I really enjoy the use of the marmalade! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]