Top Review by NurseJaney
WOW !! A really old posting -- 4 digits ! Had marinated turkey breast filets from Costco, which had been grilled. Had sufficient left over to have another meal -- but needed some moisture. This was a great sauce -- I think I overdid the lemon juice (my fault, not yours) - but very flavorful as sauce/gravy to nuke for dinner. Served with Israeli coucous and peas for a most pleasant meal. Still have a tad left over -(just 2 0f us) - Thanks for a tasty addition for dinner.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped, tops included
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cornstarch and brown sugar in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except the onions.
- Blend well and heat to boiling.
- Add the onions and immediately turn heat down.
- Stir constantly until sauce is thickened and bubbling.
- Use this sauce to baste poultry during last few minutes of grilling.
- You can also use this sauce as a marinade. Put sauce in a heavy plastic bag along with 2 to 3 pounds of chicken pieces and marinate for from 2 hours to overnight, turning bag to coat all sides of meat. Use the leftover sauce to brush on chicken while grilling.
- This recipe doubles nicely.