1/3 Photos of Lemon-Lavender Muffins
Sounds fancy and good...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- 3Place 2/3 cup sugar and lavender in food processor; pulse 30 to 60 seconds (pulse longer for a more intense lavender flavor).
- 4Sift through strainer into medium bowl to remove any large pieces of lavender.
- 5Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well-blended.
- 6In small bowl, whisk together milk, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons lemon peel. (Milk will curdle and thicken slightly.)
- 7In another medium bowl, lightly beat egg; whisk in 6 tablespoons melted butter and milk mixture.
- 8Make well in center of flour mixture; pour in egg mixture.
- 9Stir just until blended. Divide evenly among muffin cups.
- 10Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- 12In another small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon peel.
- 13Dip tops of muffins in 1/4 cup melted butter; dip in sugar mixture.
- 14Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Lavender Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 144.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: