Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Sounds fancy and good...
Top Review by Silke G.
I really enjoyed these and would make them again. The amount of lavender and lemon is just perfect and not overwhelming at all. The texture is much more like a scone than a muffin which is actually something I like. No idea baking with lavender would be this nice.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- Place 2/3 cup sugar and lavender in food processor; pulse 30 to 60 seconds (pulse longer for a more intense lavender flavor).
- Sift through strainer into medium bowl to remove any large pieces of lavender.
- Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well-blended.
- In small bowl, whisk together milk, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons lemon peel. (Milk will curdle and thicken slightly.)
- In another medium bowl, lightly beat egg; whisk in 6 tablespoons melted butter and milk mixture.
- Make well in center of flour mixture; pour in egg mixture.
- Stir just until blended. Divide evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In another small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Dip tops of muffins in 1/4 cup melted butter; dip in sugar mixture.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.