Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sounds fancy and good...
Make and share this Lemon-Lavender Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- Place 2/3 cup sugar and lavender in food processor; pulse 30 to 60 seconds (pulse longer for a more intense lavender flavor).
- Sift through strainer into medium bowl to remove any large pieces of lavender.
- Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well-blended.
- In small bowl, whisk together milk, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons lemon peel. (Milk will curdle and thicken slightly.)
- In another medium bowl, lightly beat egg; whisk in 6 tablespoons melted butter and milk mixture.
- Make well in center of flour mixture; pour in egg mixture.
- Stir just until blended. Divide evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In another small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Dip tops of muffins in 1/4 cup melted butter; dip in sugar mixture.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I adore these unusual muffins! I was going to post the recipe but lo and behold, it was already here. :) For a special occaision, I like to add a (fresh, clean, pesticide free) violet on top.
Outstanding muffins, these! And, I'm such a lemon lover that I had to get generous with the lemon zest, using rounded measure of it through the recipe! The lavender was very nice here, too, & the recipe is a definite keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits Tag]
Delightful tender and light little beauties with some serious sophistication. Very delicate and refined flavor with just the perfect amount of sweetness. Definitely don't skip the sugar topping, I'd say you could add more zest to both the batter and the topping!