Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Recipe Goldmine.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 12 ounces liquid fruit pectin
- 3 -4 drops yellow food coloring
- Combine lemon juice, lemon rind and water in a glass bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a large saucepan.
- Add sugar to juice mix and stir well.
- Bring to a hard boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in fruit pectin.
- Bring back to full boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in food coloring.
- Skim off foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars (I run mine through the dishwasher).
- Cover immediately with 1/8 inch hot paraffin.