Lemon Jalapeno Jelly
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
6 half pints
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 -4 jalapeno peppers, fresh
- 1 whole lemon zest, grated (from 1 lemon)
- 6 cups sugar, white
- 2 (3 ounce) liquid fruit pectin (two - 3 ounce envelope)
- 2 dashes yellow food coloring
- Combine vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest and jalapeno peppers in a blender. Pulse to desired fineness. Combine with sugar in saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil hard for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and skim to remove foam. Cool 2 minutes, then mix in pectin and food color.
- Pour into sterilized jars and fasten lids. Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes, if desired, or refrigerate. Cool.
- Invert jars a few times after about 30 minutes of cooling to distribute peppers evenly before jelly completely sets.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!