Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Aioli can be used like mayonnaise or you can serve aside vegetables, fish or meat.
Make and share this Lemon Herbed Aioli recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring well.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook an additional minute or until thickened; remove from heat.
- Gradually stir about 1/4 of hot mixture into egg yolk; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl and let cool at room temperature.
- In a food processor, process parsley and basil until finely chopped.
- Add garlic, lemon rind and mustard until smooth.
- Combine cooled broth mixture and parsley mixture in a small bowl; stir well.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Serve with fish or steamed vegetables.