Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Aioli can be used like mayonnaise or you can serve aside vegetables, fish or meat.
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring well.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook an additional minute or until thickened; remove from heat.
- Gradually stir about 1/4 of hot mixture into egg yolk; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl and let cool at room temperature.
- In a food processor, process parsley and basil until finely chopped.
- Add garlic, lemon rind and mustard until smooth.
- Combine cooled broth mixture and parsley mixture in a small bowl; stir well.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Serve with fish or steamed vegetables.