Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
15 minutes of prep is all it takes to create this succulent roast turkey breast. Allow it to linger in the oven for 2.5 hours while you take care of life. Add a few sides and you have a great meal.
Top Review by Roger/OH
I used this recipe to smoke a turkey breast. The day was cold and windy and I was not able to maintain my target tempreture. There was not as much smoke flavor imparted in the meat as I would have liked. The breast turned out moist with a nice color. As made, I found the lemon zest flavor to be more intense than I would of liked. Maybe more smoke would mellow the lemon out. Good recipe and definitely worth another try.
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 lbs turkey breast, bone in
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In a small bowl combine, green onion, lemon peel, sage, 1/4 t lemon pepper, the marjoram, and garlic. Set saide.
- Rinse turkey breast and pat dry. Gently loosen skin from turkey but od not remove. Spread seasoning mixture evenly under the skin and replace skin neatly over meat. Sprinkle remaining seasonings over the top of the skin.
- Place turkey breast on rack in a roasting pan and add 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Roast 2 hours and 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 170°F Remove from oven, cover losely with foil and allow to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.