1/1 Photo of Lemon-Herb Roasted Beets
We love how roasting brings out the sweet flavor of beets. Golden beets look especially pretty when tossed with the fresh herb and lemon seasoning mix, but any type of beets will work in this recipe. If you’re a lemon lover, be sure to add the squeeze of fresh lemon juice after the beets are roasted. Posted for my DH -- he loves his beets! From eatingwell.com Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Fat (Diabetic Exchange = 1 Carbohydrate Serving)
My Private Note
- 2/3 c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g golden beets or 680.38 g red beets, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 19.71 ml extra-virgin olive oil or 19.71 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh herbs or 9.85 ml dried herbs, such as marjoram, oregano, rosemary
- 4.92 ml freshly grated lemon zest
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 14.79 ml lemon juice (optional)
- 1Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F
- 2Combine oil, herbs, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add beets; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
- 3Spread the beets evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 4Roast, stirring once or twice, until the beets are tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Toss the roasted vegetables with lemon juice, if using.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Herb Roasted Beets
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 423.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: