I don't even like fish that much. But this is superb. This recipe is ideal for a pond bass - one that would normally taste like the murky water it swims in. It goes from bottom feeder to beautiful. I've tried this with other fish too and it's so tasty. Even got the complements of a three star chef on this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: this is for a 1.
- 25 to 2 lb fish so adjust your proportions accordingly.
- 3Gut and clean the fish.
- 4Place fish on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap the whole thing up on both sides.
- 5Coat the inside of the fish with one tablespoon of olive oil, and toss in a teaspoon of kosher salt.
- 6Cut lemon into 3/4" wedges and place three of them inside the fish (save the rest of the lemon for tea or something else).
- 7Stuff the herbs and garlic into the fish, saving a few leaves of basil for the outside.
- 8Coat the outside of the fish with the other tablespoon and a half of olive oil, sprinkle with a half teaspoon of kosher salt.
- 9Toss on a few leaves of basil and fold over the foil to the whole thing is covered.
- 10You'll want a little space so the fish can steam.
- 11This is where all the taste and herb flavor infusion comes from.
- 12Put the whole wrapped up and stuffed fish on the grill.
- 13Grill on medium heat for 5-7 minutes on either side (it's okay to peek) til fish flakes.
- 14Serve with lemon wedges.
- 15I like to keep the head on and pick it off the bone.
- 16Filet if you have a large fish.
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Herb Fish Stuff - Ideal for Bass.
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.6
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 874.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: