Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 hrs
In ' Slow Cooker' by Diane Phillips
Make and share this Lemon Garlic Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the lemon zest, oil, oregano, rosemary, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture over the meat until it is well coated; cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Remove meat from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before sauteing.
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat; add beef a few pieces at a time and saute until browned on all sides; remove the meat to the insert of a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker.
- Add the wine and beef broth to the skillet and scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the liquid to the slow cooker; cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker and cover with foil.
- Let meat rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Skim off any fat from the sauce, then taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the beef with the sauce spooned over the top.